EarthPositive® is a 100% organic product produced under the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified by Control Union and The Soil Association.
The certification encompasses the farming, production and distribution,
ensuring full traceability of every product.
EarthPositive® is free from genetically modified organisms.
1) After ginning (separation of cotton lint & seed) much of the cotton seed can be used to make cotton seed oil and food for cattle
2) During the spinning process. The shorter cotton fibres are separated and used to
make lower quality textiles
3) All leftovers from the cutting/dyeing stage are used for rope or second quality clothes production
- Energy security
- Price stability
- Environmentally friendly
By switching to renewable energy we have reduced the carbon footprint of EarthPositive®
apparel by 90%
To help tackle the social injustice often seen in manufacturing, commonly known as sweatshop labour, EarthPositive® goes further, making transparent the manufacturing supply chain through an independent audit by the Fair Wear Foundation, which promotes fair labour conditions in the clothing industry.
The entire production chain of EarthPositive® is controlled by a Code of Conduct and audited by the independent Fair Wear Foundation (FWF)
We guarantee that we do not use cotton from Uzbekistan where the use of child labour is widespread. This follows the recommendations of Environmentals Justice Foundations “clean cotton campaign”.
The complete tracability of certified organic cotton allows us to make this gurantee
Use post.-consumer recycled materials
Use recyclable materials
We cannot solve the world’s transportation and energy security issues, but we can ensure that our own methods do nothing to contribute to environmental damage, social injustice or climate change.
- Waste water -93% reclaimed
- Waste products – negligible
- Damage to local water systems - nil
We chose to work in a region (Ahmadabad in India)that receives up to 95% of its water from the monsoon rain.
This was an important consideration for us, as the monsoon rain reduces the need for large-scale irrigation projects normally associated with conventional cotton farming, which often deprive local villages of scarce water resources by draining lakes and rivers.
- Organic cotton requires less water
- Organic cotton root systems are deeper
- Soil containing organic matter has greater water retention
EarthPositive® apparel has reduced the carbon footprint of a T-shirt by 90%. However, consumers require an independent verification process and a label to confirm the claims of individual companies. The Carbon Trust is trialling such a label with select pilot partners. EarthPositive® was granted the first such label for a textile product. The Carbon Trust's footprinting methodology is to become the single standard for greenhouse gas footprinting.
Low Impact agriculture
- Indian organic Cotton – planted & picked by hand
- No use of chemical fertilisers
- Monsoon rains reduces the need for large scale irrigation
Save the Climate – Wash cool, Line dry
Reducing the washing cycle from 40° to 30° saves energy
Not using tumble drying saves energy
We also recommend eco-friendly detergents that are bio-degradable